top of page

For Medical Marijuana (OMMP \ OHA \ ORELAP):

Testing: Starting October 1, 2016, all marijuana items must be sampled and tested according to OAR 333-007-0300 to 333-007-0490 and OAR 333-064-0100 to 333-064-0110. What does this mean? For Dispensaries, Processors and Growers: On and after October 1, 2016, any laboratory that tests marijuana items must be accredited by ORELAP and licensed by OLCC. Only accredited and licensed laboratories may sample and test marijuana items.


For Dispensaries: On or after October 1, 2016, a dispensary may continue to sell marijuana items that were not sampled and tested by an accredited and licensed laboratory if:


* The items are transferred to the dispensary before October 1, 2016;

* The items comply with the concentration limits, labeling and packaging rules found in division 7

* The items are labeled with a label that reads “DOES NOT MEET NEW TESTING REQUIREMENTS” in 12-point font, and in bold, capital letters.


A dispensary will only be allowed to transfer these products to patients, caregivers and consumers until January 1, 2017.


Concentration Limits: Beginning October 1, 2016, all cannabinoid products, cannabinoid concentrates or extracts must meet the concentration limits as outlined in OAR 333-007-0200 and 333-007-0220. Low dose cannabinoid edibles sold to retail customers from medical dispensaries during the early start period must continue to meet the definition found in OAR 333-008-1500(1)(k).



For Recreational Marijuana (OLCC):

Marijuana Worker Permits: All employees who perform work on behalf of an OLCC licensed producer, processor, wholesaler, or retailer, including but not limited to individuals who participate in the possession, securing, or selling of marijuana items are required to possess a valid marijuana worker permit issued by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission.

The Marijuana Worker Permit materials are available at:

Working with Edibles?

Oregon Health Authority (OHA) requires employees responsible in handling food, including edible marijuana items, to possess a valid Food Handler’s Card from an approved provider.

bottom of page